The results of the latest Insights Immersion leads us to believe that between emerging digital and mobile consumption channels coupled with good ole fashioned school spirit, college football seems to be more popular than ever.
On a year over year basis, all major activity measurements experienced an increase including live attendance, on-air viewing, online streaming, mobile updates and alerts and mobile app downloads. What's more, we're seeing a sizable increase in interest for consumption via online and mobile. Here's a look at the latest findings based on activity since the start of the new school year:
- Watched a college football game on TV: 41%, up from 38%
- Streamed a college game online: 17%, up from 11%
- Read a college football-related blog or microblog: 18%, up from 8%
- Received a score update/alert via mobile: 19%, up from 7%
- Downloaded a sports-related mobile app: 14%, up from 3%
- At least somewhat interested in accessing mobile updates and video: 27%, up from 19%