The spring TV season is upon us and is shaping up to be one of interest and intrigue for the market. From early March through the end of April a total of 15 new TV shows premiered along with the return of new episodes from more than 20 returning series ranging from staples like "South Park" to cult favorites like "Friday Night Lights." During this month's Insights Immersion, panelists rated their planned viewing for all new and returning series after viewing trailers and reading associated plot lines.
A new element we included this go around was a buzz factor, whereby panelists used a scale of 1 to 10 rated each new and returning series. The buzz included conversations panelists may have had regarding the show with their friends, commercials or other advertisements they recalled or something they read about the show prior to this month's Immersion. And without further a due, the most anticipated TV show for the spring season is the harmonically appealing "Glee," followed by longtime action reality hit, "Dancing With the Stars."
Here is the full run down of the top ten most anticipated TV shows for the spring season, inclusive of the net planned viewing rating as well as the buzz factor rating.
Spring TV Season Top Ten:
1. Glee (FOX) - 6.7 net/7.4 buzz
2. Dancing With The Stars (ABC) - 6.3 net/6.4 buzz
3. South Park (Comedy Central) - 6.0 net/5.5 buzz
4. Happy Town (ABC) - 5.4 net/6.5 buzz
5. 10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family) - 4.8 net/5.1 buzz
6. Nurse Jackie (Showtime) - 4.4 net/5.0 buzz
7. The Hills (MTV) - 3.9 net/3.4 buzz
8. Top Chef Masters (Bravo) - 3.7 net/3.9 buzz
9. Justified (FX) - 3.4 net/4.1 buzz
10. V (ABC) - 3.2 net/4.1 buzz